For Mediterranean Youth (hereinafter “MY”), the respect and protection of our customers’ personal data are of paramount importance.
This policy describes the terms and conditions that govern the way we collect, process and protect your personal data.
We are committed to collecting and processing your personal data in strict compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the standing legislation. To that end, we employ the necessary organizational and technical measures to ensure the safety, availability and validity of the data we process.
MY reserves the right to modify / revise this policy, whenever necessary. Therefore, we recommend that you visit this section of our website on a regular basis, in order to be informed of such changes.
Ι. Data controller
The Data controller, in accordance with the EU Regulation No. 2016/679, will be the company “MARIA BOUSSOULEGA”, operating with the commercial name “MEDITERRANEAN YOUTH”, in Chalandri, Athens (11, Kosta Varnali Street, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +30 210 6824730).
Our company employs a Data Protection Officer that you can contact directly for any requests or clarifications regarding your personal data:
Tel.: +30 210 6824730
ΙΙ. The types of personal data we process
Information that you provide to us voluntarily
We do not collect any personal data, unless we have first secured your consent. When you contact us to ask for information, or submit requests or questions pertaining to our products, you may be asked to provide certain information, such as your full name and e-mail address, by filling out a special form. You may be also asked to provide additional information, such as your product or service preferences.
The personal data we collect in this way is necessary for us to be able to respond to your requests and provide you with our products and/or services, and therefore the corresponding form fields are marked as mandatory with an asterisk. In case you do not provide us with this mandatory information, we will not be able to provide you with our products and/or services.
If you do not wish us to collect and process your information for the purposes detailed below, please do not provide such information.
In order to ensure that your personal data maintained in our records is valid, accurate and current, please make sure to inform us about any changes pertaining to the data we process.
When you register in this website, MY can collect the personal data we need via the form available under “My Account”, in order to create a personal account/record for you, as a potential customer, that will enable you to submit orders in our online store and receive updates by e-mail. In this way, and with your consent, MY collects the following personal data, and in particular:
- When you create your personal user account, MY collects your e-mail address and password.
- Each time you complete/submit an order, MY collects personal data through the form available under “Checkout” and the following sub-sections: a) Billing Details, where you need to provide your full name, telephone number, address (including your country, city, region and postal code), mobile phone number, e-mail address and, potentially, information about your building and special delivery notes, and b) Shipping Address, if the billing and shipping addresses are not the same.
- If you have created a user account, we’ll use the data you have entered in this account for your registration to our services.
- In this context, and in accordance with the rights and responsibilities deriving from our contractual relationship and our legal obligations, we may collect – in addition to the information you submit in relation to the payment of your order – information regarding the selected payment method and your Paypal account and/or credit or debit card.
- We also collect information on your preferences and browsing history, i.e. we record the products that you have added to your cart, marked as favorites or bought in the past from our online store.
- Furthermore, if you agree to receive informational material (newsletter) from our company, we will include your e-mail address in our mailing list.
Information on your computer and/or mobile device
If you use a mobile device to access our website, we may also collect information regarding your device, such as the device type, and your use of our website via mobile phone or other mobile devices.
III. How we collect your personal data
We can collect your personal data from various sources. We may collect such information:
- When you provide it in our website, social networking platforms or some of our events.
- When you contact us to ask for information or submit requests/questions for our products and/or services.
- Through our promotions, subject to legal requirements.
IV. How we use your personal data
We use the personal data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and/or services through our website: We need to use your personal data in order to provide you with search results or process your orders. In case you do not provide us with the mandatory information, we will not be able to complete your transaction.
- To offer you personalized updates on our products, services and offers, or other information you may be interested in, through our informational and advertising material, provided that we have first secured your consent: In order to offer you the best possible experience, we may ask you to allow the use of the personal data collected from our website to include you in our mailing list and send you personalized newsletters. Furthermore, we may use this data in order to inform you (by e-mail, SMS, phone or mail) about MY’s products, offers and/or promotional or advertising activities.
Please note that, when you consent to receiving personalized updates about our products, services and offers, based on your personal preferences, we create your personal profile by automatically processing your personal data, i.e. using such data to assess certain personal characteristics and, in particular, to analyze or predict characteristics that pertain to your personal preferences and interests. Personalization based on your needs and preferences (profiling) is the result of the insights we extract from your personal data, based on your purchases and the personalized information we collect from the automated newsletter transmission platform.
- To perform customer satisfaction surveys, provided that you have given your consent, and in accordance with the existing legal requirements. Customer satisfaction surveys are completed online.
- To evaluate and improve our business operations.
- To comply with our legal obligations and protect our legal interests.
- To communicate with you on any matter pertaining to your use of our website.
- Specifically, for your IP address, we use this information to diagnose server issues and manage our website. Your IP address is also used for the collection of collective demographic information that is then used to analyze our website traffic, as well as for reporting purposes. Finally, your IP address may be used to verify your identity.
- In case we need to use your personal data for other purposes than the ones described above, we will notify you accordingly at the time of this data’s collection.
V. What is the legal basis for processing your data
Depending on the purpose of data processing, the legal basis can be:
- Fulfilling our contractual obligations, i.e. completing your transactions.
- Securing our legitimate interests, e.g. understanding your needs and preferences, improving our products and services to meet your needs and ensuring the safety of our website.
- Replacing or returning products.
- Improving our online store.
- Responding to requests or complaints.
- Processing data in compliance with our legal duties / obligations, such as the legal obligations deriving from labor, insurance and tax legislation, or in the context of exercising our legal rights.
- Certain types of personal data are only processed as is absolutely necessary in order to secure our legal interests, perform our business activities, comply with our internal processes and operations, and protect our company and the public interest.
- Your consent, in respect to our company’s promotional activities. In such a case, you will always have the option to revoke your consent, immediately, easily and without any cost, thus ending the delivery of all such materials.
- Compliance with our legal obligations, when processing is imposed by law.
- Your consent, in respect to our company’s promotional activities.
VI. Data disclosure
We will not disclose your personal data to any third parties or any of our trade / business partners, without notifying you in advance of any such disclosure. We may disclose your personal data to:
Any governmental or judiciary authority, when this is required by law or court order.
VII. Our policy for children
Our website is not addressed to children. Its content and services are addressed to adults. If we become aware that an underage person has voluntarily submitted their personal data in our website, we will delete this data from our active databases.
VIII. Data storage term
We will keep your data stored for as long as it is needed, based on the relevant processing purpose.
When data processing is required by the provisions of the standing legislation, your personal data will be stored for the time period determined in such provisions.
When data processing is performed on a contractual basis, your personal data will be stored for the time period necessary to execute the relevant contract and establish, exercise and/or support any legal claims based on this contract.
When data processing is based on your consent, your personal data will be stored until you revoke such consent. If you wish to revoke your consent, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at +30 210 6824730. Furthermore, you can unregister by following the link included in our electronic communications.
IX. Precautionary measures for the protection of your personal data
We employ adequate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data will be safely processed and to prevent any accidental loss or destruction, unauthorized and/or illegal access to, use or modification of such data.
Nevertheless, the use and operation of the web entails certain inherent risks that do not allow us to warrant that no unauthorized third parties will violate the technical and organizational measures we apply, and thus access and use your personal data for unauthorized and/or illegitimate purposes.
Our website may refer to or connect with other websites, or include links directing to other web pages, for the purpose of facilitating and informing our visitors. Such web pages have their own privacy policies for the protection of personal data. MY can in no case be held responsible for the content or the personal data protection practices applied by such web pages, which are not in any way controlled by our company. We recommend that you read the service terms of these web pages, in order to become familiar with their privacy policies.
ΧΙ. Your rights
- Right of access: You have the right to be informed of and/or access your data, and receive information pertaining to their processing.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to ask for the correction of your data, if you believe that such data is inaccurate or you want to add any missing details. If you have created an account in our website, you can access or correct your personal data by logging into your account using the e-mail address and the password you set when you created your account.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask for the removal of your personal data, subject to the requirements of the standing legislation. In particular, you have the right to submit a request for the removal (deletion) of the personal data that we process based on your consent or for the protection of our legal interests. In all other instances, this right is subject to specific restrictions or does not apply at all, depending on the case.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask for the restriction of your data’s processing, subject to the requirements of the standing legislation, in case:You doubt the accuracy of your personal data, and until such data is verified;
You object to the removal of your personal data and ask for the restriction of their use instead;
Your personal data is not necessary for processing purposes, but is needed for establishing, exercising and supporting legal claims;
You object to your data processing, and until it is verified that we have a legal basis for such processing that supersedes the reasons of your objection.
Please also note that, in case you do not wish to receive advertising material by e-mail, you have the right to remove your e-mail address for our mailing list as follows:
Using the link at the bottom of all e-mails sent by our company, or
Contacting our company’s Data Protection Officer, at any time.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to your data’s processing at any time, within the limitations set by the standing legislation. This right is not absolute, and MY may have valid reasons to deny its exercise.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your data at any given time, and ask for their direct transfer to another data controller, subject to the requirements of the standing legislation. This right pertains to the data that you have provided to our company and that is being processed upon your consent or in the context of a relevant agreement.If you want to exercise any of your rights, or ask for any information or clarification regarding these rights and the conditions for exercising them, you can either send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Data Protection Officer at +30 210 6824730, so as to receive all the information and guidance you need.
- Right to revoke consent: When the processing of your personal data is subject to your consent, you have the right to revoke such consent at any given time and without any cost, either by following the link included in our electronic communications to unregister or by sending an e-mail at email@example.com or calling us at +30 210 6824730.
If you revoke your consent, your personal data will be permanently deleted and all processing will be stopped to the extent that such processing was performed subject to your consent. Revoking your consent has no effect on the validity of any processing activities performed prior to such revocation or the processing of any other data that is performed subject to another legal basis.
Furthermore, you can ask us to stop sending you promotional material by e-mail or mail at any time, by clicking the relevant link included in all our promotional e-mails or contacting us, as described above.
- Right to file a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority: As provided by the standing legislation, if you believe that the law protecting your personal data has been violated, you can file a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (1, Kifisias Ave, GR 115 23, Athens, tel: +30 210 6475600). For information regarding this Authority’s jurisdiction and instructions on how to file a complaint, you can visit their website (www.dpa.gr à Citizens Rights à Complaint to the Hellenic DPA) where you will find detailed information.
For any issues pertaining to your personal data processing, you can either send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Data Protection Officer by phone, at +30 210 6824730.
This policy was last updated on December 21, 2018.